Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Lightening

 The world seemed to tilt and lurch, as if the very foundations of reality had been shifted. The sky above was a churning, boiling mass of clouds, twisting and writhing like a living thing. A crack of thunder ripped through the air, followed by a blinding flash of light. And then, for a split second, everything was still. The air hung heavy and charged, the atmosphere thick with anticipation. It was in that moment that I knew: the storm had come.


The wind picked up, howling like a banshee, tearing through the trees and sending leaves and twigs swirling through the air. Rain pelted down, stinging my skin like needles, obscuring everything in a veil of gray. I could feel the electricity in the air, tingling on my skin, making my hair stand on end. It was as if the very force of nature herself was raging around me, a primal fury unleashed.


I found myself drawn to a nearby window, unable to resist the urge to watch the spectacle unfold. The sky seemed to be fighting itself, lightning slashing across the clouds in vicious, jagged streaks, illuminating the world in brief, blinding flashes. The thunder rolled like distant cannon fire, shaking the very foundations of the house. I stood there, transfixed, as the storm raged on, feeling a strange mixture of awe and fear grip my heart.


And then, as suddenly as it had begun, the storm abated. The clouds parted, revealing a patch of blue sky above. The wind died down, the trees ceased their wild dance, and the last drops of rain fell from the leaves. The world seemed to exhale, as if the storm had been a great, collective sigh of relief. The air was still and calm once more, but I knew that the storm had left its mark on everything it had touched. A sense of wonder and humility filled me as I watched the birds return to their perches, singing out their thanks for the rain that had nourished them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact
emilyroubini1950@gmail.com

Please visit my new website!

  https://emilyroubini1950.myportfolio.com