Skip to main content

"Home"

 As I step through the front door of my cozy home, a warm, familiar scent greets me. It's the delicious aroma of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies wafting from the kitchen. Sunlight streams in through the window, casting a golden glow across the hardwood floor. A soft, fluffy throw blanket is draped over the couch, inviting me to curl up and relax.


The living room is tastefully decorated with a mix of modern and vintage touches. A large, framed map of the world hangs above the fireplace, reminding me of all the places I've been and the adventures yet to come. A bookshelf stands proudly against one wall, overflowing with my favorite novels, travel guides, and photo albums.


I hear the gentle hum of my favorite playlist coming from my bedroom, where I assume my partner is getting ready for work. Their side of the bed is neatly made, their favorite pillow fluffed and ready for a nap after a long day. I smile, imagining them in their cozy robe, hair tousled from sleep.


The kitchen is where I find my other half, expertly mixing ingredients and carefully pouring batter onto a baking sheet. They glance up at me with a smile, their cheeks flushed from the heat of the oven. "Morning, love. Did you sleep well?"


I walk over to them, wrapping my arms around their waist and resting my chin on their shoulder. "Like a baby," I reply, inhaling the sweet aroma of the cookies. "What's the occasion?"


They laugh and lean back into me, brushing a strand of hair from my forehead. "No occasion, really. I just wanted to make something comforting and delicious. You know, to welcome us home." They glance around at our little haven, a soft smile playing on their lips. "I love coming home to this. It's our little sanctuary."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 

project