Tuesday, April 30, 2024

freedom

 As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow over the landscape, the two figures sat side by side on a large, flat rock overlooking the river. The man, tall and broad-shouldered, wore a simple linen shirt and loose pants, while the woman next to him was clad in a flowing dress that billowed softly in the evening breeze. Their hands were entwined, their fingers interlaced as they watched the lazy current of the river flow by.


"You know," the man said softly, breaking the comfortable silence that had fallen between them, "in some ways, this place reminds me of us."


The woman turned her head slightly to look at him, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. "How so?"


He leaned back against the rock, his gaze fixed on the far-off horizon. "Well, like this river," he began, gesturing vaguely, "our love has always been free to flow, to find its own path, to go where it will. We've never tried to force it, to make it go where we wanted it to, or to control it."


She nodded, her expression thoughtful. "That's true. And yet," she continued, "our love has grown stronger, deeper, more passionate over time."


He looked at her then, his eyes bright with emotion. "Yes," he agreed. "It's only gotten better with time, just like the river. It's been carved out by the stones and the currents, shaped by the forces of nature, but it's still free. It still flows as it will."


She turned back to face the river, her hand finding his and squeezing gently. "I love you, you know," she said, her voice soft and clear. "I never thought I could love someone this much, but with you, it's different. It's like my heart knew you were out there, waiting for it, and it just had to find its way to you."


He smiled at her, his own eyes shining. "And I love you too, my dear. With all that I am, and all that I will ever be. You are the river to my soul, the music to my heart. You are my freedom, and I will never let anything come between us."


The sun dipped lower, painting the sky in shades of red and orange, and they sat together in silence, basking in the warmth of their love and the beauty of the moment. For them, there was nothing more to say, nothing more to do but to simply be together, free in their love, as the river flowed on, forever changing and yet forever the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact
emilyroubini1950@gmail.com

Please visit my new website!

  https://emilyroubini1950.myportfolio.com